Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Husband, My Soldier, My Hero

I have a lot of respect for my husband. He is an infantry soldier in the U.S. Army and he has been deployed numerous times to Iraq and Korea. He has lived in hellish conditions and suffered being away from his family. I know I would not be able to do the things he has had to in service of our country. With all the bad, there is good and we all love the military life. I created the layout below for the April Military Challenge over at Scrapbook.com. I had this photo my husband took of himself his first year in the Army and had no idea what to do with it until now. He looks so young and baby-faced! Enjoy.

Soldier Self Portrait. My husband took this photo of himself in the reflection of one of the truck's side mirrors.

Close-up of the boot die cut. I used my Cricut Expression and the Stand and Salute cartridge to cut out the boot then used embroidery floss to lace it up.

I printed out the title words using a font from dafont.com in the colors I wanted then cut them out and distressed them. The emblem is one of many I purchased at the PX.

I cut out strips of different greens, distressed and inked them to add to the background. I also put in eyelets at the corners of each title tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment