Tuesday, April 27, 2010

12 Layouts of Alice - Layout #4

Hi there! National Scrapbook Day is coming up this Saturday and I am so excited! This will be my first one and I can't wait for the crop at scrapbook.com. It's eight hours long and there will be prizes! Well enough about that or I'm going to get myself hyperventilating thinking about all the fun! lol. Here is the fourth layout in my 12 Layouts of Alice project. This layout involved making one's own stamp pad to get the wonderful color variations and creating a cute little charm. The photos here are all of Easter weekend and they were indeed golden afternoons.


Here is Tim's tag for day #4. For more information on Tim's techniques, products, and 12 Tags of Christmas visit Tim's website at timholtz.com.

On A Golden Afternoon layout. I had a lot of fun with this one; creating my own stamp pad and creating the border and some embellishments with it. The charm was a blast to make and include on this layout.
A close-up of the stamped flowers; background and embellishment (black ones).

I also had fun with the flowers. The flowers on the bottom right corner have the faces of my children on them ala Alice in Wonderland. I saw this done by one of my fellow scrapbook.com members, Lvalent3.


Close-up of the title. I athought varying the colors would be a fun touch and of course, I added stickles to give it some glitz.

Close-up of my charm. The inside says Curiouser & Curioser and instead of regular bells I added a star bell to the bottom. I did not complete the glitter part of the charm because I forgot to order the memory capsule to hold it, so I just skipped that part.


Supplies for this layout:

Craft Sheet

Distress Reinkers- Assorted Colors (pink, green, yellow)
Distress Inks- Assorted Colors

Cut n’ Dry Felt Pad (ok, I'll admit that I ordered the wrong item so I decided to try something: I put down a regular felt sheet on top of a plastic sheet and used it as the felt pad. This worked out great, I just couldn't keep the felt afterward like you would have been able to with the felt pad).

Paint Dabber- Pearl
Distress Stickles- Rock Candy
Glossy Accents
Ink Blending Tool
Memory Glass 1 x 1
Metal corners
Trinket Pins
Jump Rings
Swivel Clasp
Scissors
Stamps
Ribbon
Thin Wire
Bell(s)

No comments:

Post a Comment