Thursday, April 8, 2010

Fly Away...

I wanted to show you my Fly Away... layout. I created this for the Distressed in April Challenge on Scrapbook.com. This layout features a picture of my mother taken for her senior portrait. She was ready to take flight into a new world of adventure. Her flight was cut short though as she died about six years after this was taken. With this layout I wanted to show the innocence she still had then; the blooming of a budding flower. Getting kind og sappy here, so I'm going to stop. Enjoy.



Not the greatest of photos but it was cloudy today. I distressed and tore the edges and inked them with Dusty Concord Distress Ink.

Here I embroidered over the existing design on the paper and added rhinestones at the cross points.

I added Rock Candy Crackle Paint over a lot of the flourish design of the paper then inked over it with Dusty Concord Distress Ink.

I thought I was in trouble when I went to put in the title. I knew I wanted a cursive script but only had pink Thickers and the color wouldn't coordinate with the layout. So I inked them in purple to fix the problem. Who would let a little thing like color interfere when there is so much ink in the world?
Here you can see a bit more of the Rock Candy Crackle Paint inked over and the butterfly is outlined with Diamond Stickles.

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous Celina!! you did an amazing job here!! love the embroidered!! beautiful colors and great pic of your mom!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete