Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Double the Fun

Hi! I've got two separate layouts to share with you. The first is for the GCD Studios Mixed Media Challenge at scrapbook.com and the second is the is a clean and simple one I created for this month's Lyric Challenge. also at scrapbook.com. I really threw in a lot of techniques into the GCD layout. I did an image transfer technique to give the photo a ghost-like appearance and for the type to show through from underneath. I used crackle paint, made my own glaze, and distressed the papers. I even burned the edges of the book page underneath all the other elements. The ready-made letters for the title were changed by adding glaze and paint. And objects, like word tiles and tags, were added and I used lots of interesting ephemera images.

The second layout I'd like to share today is clean and simple. The basis for this layout was the Lyric challenge which was using any song from the 60's and I chose The Name Game because I would sing the song to my son when he was a baby and ended up nicknaming him Scottie Bo Bottie! lol.

Ghost Dad. This is a photo of my father-in-law and I named the layout this because he is one heck of a storyteller; ghost storie that is.
Here is the image transfer. I saw this technique in a book about altered art and knew I had to do it for this layout. It took me a couple of tries to get the image without tearing the paper.
Close-up of the bottom right corner. I added an image of black bird, not only for its spooky factor, but also because my father-in-law loves them.
Here you can see the burned edge of the book page I laid underneath the photo plus a couple of ephemera images.

The Name Game. I kept this one simple and focused more on the photo and title.

No comments:

Post a Comment