Sunday, August 29, 2010

Wedded Bliss

Hello, all. I've been working on two separate wedding albums. One for my eldest daughter and another for a cousin. The whole wedding theme is nice to work on since I didn't have much of a wedding of my own. I was married by Justice of the Peace and the only witnesses were fishing buddies of the judge! lol. So now I am having a little fun with the wedding layouts I'm creating for these two albums. The first layout is "Down the Aisle," a layout I created with a photo of my hubby walking my daughter down the aisle. I used my Scraps of Darkness kit for this. That kit had proven so versatile; I love it! The second layout is "Brotherly Love" made using a photo of my cousin with her three brothers at her wedding. Thanks for taking a look!

Down The Aisle layout. Using my Scraps of Darkness kit, I created a layout of blacks and whites to bring focus to the photo. I water distressed the script background paper and inked the edges of all the pieces with Black Soot Distress Ink. I used my Cricut and the Home Decor Cartridge to cut out the flourishes. I add some Prima flowers and a flower I made out of a feather piece that came in my SOD kit.

Brotherly Love layout. I used a sketch that I got from the (Paper) Trail Maker's Challenge Blog, lace, and some Christmas papers I had in my stash. I didn't want to make this to be a frilly layout so I tried to keep it simple.

1 comment:

  1. Great work! I also love your "off with her head" clock - fantastic!! :D

    ReplyDelete