Sunday, August 1, 2010

Compendium of Curiosities Week # 7

Hello, all! Here I am again, contributing at the last minute to the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge over at Studio L3 at the last minute! I really do have to start getting started on this challenge early in the week! But better late than never, I suppose. This week's challenge was to use the Tinted Vision Fragments technique from Tim Holtz's book. Below is a layout I created using this technique. This layout was also created as an example for my Darker Side Challenge over at scrapbook.com; the challenge for August being the "Darker Side of You." I am also including the example I created for my Steampunk Challenge over at sb.com. The topic for that challenge in August is the Ocean. TFL!

Despicable Me layout. No, I'm not really despicable, lol! I just liked the title from the movie! I used the Tinted Fragments technique here over me photo and over the "me" of the title! I love this technique because if you don't like the results you can just erase the alcohol inks off the fragments with Alcohol Blending Solution and start over! So easy! I cut the thorn vines by hand, added little roses in coordinating colors, and added punched some red cardstock with a MS border punch. The background paper is from the Breathless collection from Creative Imaginations, one of my all time favorite collections!

Close-up of the Tinted Vision Fragment technique. I used Watermelon, Red Pepper, and Black Alcohol Inks for this.

Island Dreams layout. This is my steampunk layout for my challenge over at scrapbook.com. The lighthouse is from a photo I took of the lighthouse in my home town. The photo in the center is one I took of the bridge from my home town to South Padre Island at sunset. The mermaid is an image from the movie Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid. The waves are from clipart I got off the internet, repeated a few times.

Close-up of the moon with some Tim Holtz products and a watch I broke apart for the pieces. The stars are painted with Pearl Paint Dabbers.

Close-up of the steampunk air ship. I drew and colored in the balloon part of the ship and used some clip art for the ship. I glued thread to the balloon to give it a three dimensional look.

6 comments:

  1. Celina, you've created another gorgeous work of art-- two, in fact! Your fragment piece is brilliant, and while you're most definitely NOT in any way despicable, the design is so clever, and it's a great photo of you! The fragment looks awesome, as do all your thorny details!

    Love your sweet steampunk layout, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both your pages, great layouts and subjects....wow just brilliant. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the CCC. Love that you used red. Interesting title/topic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are so awesome! Art is where we get to be whatever we want! Love it!

    ReplyDelete