Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Compendium of Curiosities Week #8

Hello, all. I finally got one of the Compendium Challenges done before the deadline! Yipee! This week's challenge is to use the Inking Grunge technique from Tim's book. Love this technique because Distress Inks come in such great colors and I love the effect you get when you use them in combination with Grungeboard or Grungepaper. This layout is also for the Monochromatic Challenge Week 1 - Purple with the twist of using three ribbons or fibers; for the Lyric Challenge - Where you could use a song of your own choosing and I chose Broken by Seether; and for the Scrap Your Faves Challenge - I scraplifted Is There Anybody Out There" by Mija. TFL!

Here is how Linda at Studio L3 states week #8's challenge:

Happy Monday, dear friends! I wish I could send each of you an award for the magnificent art you shared last week! Your Tinted Vision Fragments were wonderful— every single submission was truly special. You guys are amazing!


Ready to rock it again?


Please open your Compendium of Curiosities to page 39, where you'll find Tim's tutorial for Inked Grunge! We're going back to the basics this week, with a technique that is the foundation of so much of Tim's fabulous art. You may use either Grungeboard or Grungepaper for this challenge, but please don't substitute chipboard or any other paper product. Grunge is truly unique in the way it takes ink, as well as its malleability and strength. You can do all kinds of amazing things with this stuff!


Broken layout. I created this layout for a few challenges; the CCC #8, Scrap Your Faves, Monochromatic, and Lyric challenges. I chose to use Broken by Seether as my title for personal reasons and I think it fits very well with the mosaic picture.

Broken close-up. This is a close-up of the mosaic photo, the flowers, and the stick pin in the layout.

Close-up of one of the grungeboard skulls I inked for the CCC #8 challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Celina, this is AWESOME!!! I'm SO loving the purple, and the inked grunge is the perfect backdrop for the mosaic photo of the gorgeous woman! Cool layout with all those happy flowers, and the little skull and crossbones at the center of that final photo is completely inspired. You never fail to make something stunning for these challenges! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever way to do a layout! Love what you did and the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Love the colors and especially your skull and crossbones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to admit this, but I've never used grungeboard . . . but you are inspiring me! Love the colors here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Celina, this is so much fun, just lovin the color pallet you used. Aren't mosaic's fun, great job !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing how you incorporated the challenge at CCC #8, luv what you do

    ReplyDelete