Wednesday, August 11, 2010

To Have and To Hold

Hello, all. I hope all of you are having a wonderful day. Recently, while I was visiting family, I was asked by my cousin, Alice, to make a scrapbook of some of her wedding and family photos. I just started with her wedding photos and this layout is what came about. The colors for her wedding were white, burgundy, and gold, so I went with a lot of burgundy in this one. I also created this layout to enter it in various challenges; Scraplifting 101 - scraplifted Life Lessons by Robinzberdz, DIY challenge - used the No Sewing Fabric Bloom tutorial by WendyG, Distress challenge - use a new technique,which for me was water distressing (all at scrapbook.com), and the What Shape are You challenge at the (Paper) Trail Maker's Blog - Circles. TFL!

To Have and To Hold layout. This layout is of a photo of my cousin Alice at her wedding. The pink background paper's edges are inked with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink. I used a water distressing technique on the burgundy polka dot paper. I cut out strips of paper in different sizes and border punched the pink one. The circles in the center and the flourishes on the side are die cut with my Cricut Expression and the edged inked with Aged Mahogany as well. I used a layer of heart doilies under the photo and added a No Sew Fabric Bloom with a Prima rose center and added other Prima flowers as well. The title is from a vellum quotes pad and I added pearls in a circle around the center.

Close-up of the No Sew Fabric Bloom and the inking of the separate pieces.

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!! Really, really like the water distressing! I'm going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celina - this layout is fabulous!!!! Great circles, and even better than that - great techniques!!! Thank you for joining us at TrailMakers this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, love it, great everything. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The distressed burgundy polka dot paper is nice along with the photo taken from a side view.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I admire your creativity, beautiful page GF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this LO is just beautiful! Love your homemade blooms! I have yet to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors, the textures, and, well, just everything about this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, this is gorgeous! Love the design and rich textures and colors and those flowers are fabulous! thanks for the kind words on my blog! xxD

    ReplyDelete