Sunday, August 22, 2010

Preggerz and Lovely Baby

Hello, all! I hope everyone's having a great weekend! Right now I am on a break from school and have been trying to cram as much scrapping time as possible before I start another class. So I've been working on some of the challenges I signed up for this month. Here are two layouts that I created to combine some of these challenges. Preggerz is a layout of my best friend when she was pregnant. This layout is for the Magistical Memories August Sketch challenge and the From Screen to Scrap Challenge - Juno poster. I used my Scraps of Darkness kit for this one. The second layout, Lovely Baby, is a layout of my newest niece, Norah. The challenges this layout is going to be entered in are: The Monochromatic Challenge - Week 2 - Pink with the twist of handmade flowers, the Scraplifting 101 Challenge - scraplifting Lovely by Fryne, the Compendium of Curiosities #10 Challenge - Distress Stickles, and the DIY Challenge - using the Elegant Ruffled Paper Flower tutorial by SIMPLYPAPER and the Wax Paper Flowers tutorial by Byondbzr. Hope you enjoy them!

Preggerz layout. This is my beautiful friend, Eva, while she was pregnant with her third child. I used the Magistical Memories August Sketch and my Scraps of Darkness kit. I cut the papers into strips, distressed the edges, and inked them with Fired Brick and Black Soot Distress Inks. The zipper flower is a RAK I won from MelissaW. Isn't it cool! I added black tulle underneath it. The chipboard letters started off aqua but I painted them black then added Black Diamond Stickles over them.
Close-up of the zipper flower by MelissaW.
Lovely Baby layout. This is Norah, my newest niece! Isn't she adorable? I scraplifted Lovely by Fryne for this one. I inked over a swirl mask with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink, added striped and polka dot papers, used border punches, and added polka dot ribbon. I made most of the flowers out of ribbon, a couple out of paper and one out of wax paper. I then added flourishes of Distress Stickles in Worn Lipstick and covered the butterfly with them as well.

5 comments:

  1. Great job with the strips of paper background in the layout of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous baby! Your little niece is a doll, and you did a beautiful work of art for her scrapbook page! The Distress Stickles look awesome, and the colors are so happy and sweet.

    Love the "Preggerz" page, too! That made me smile. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I like all the vertical lines and that zipper flower is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Especially that zipper flower - who'd a thunk it? Your blog is really fun!

    ReplyDelete