Monday, August 30, 2010

September Challenge Examples

Hello, all! Another month has flown by. The school year has started and my littlest one is off in Pre-K. Many of you might now that I host two separate challenges over at scrapbook.com. The new month means new challenges and that means I create example layouts for them. The first layout is my example for the Darker Side Challenge, in which the topic is Hitting the Books. This includes using anything from your favorite book, including titles, stories, and characters (But of course, the layout has to be dark in nature. I predict a lot of Twilight entries, lol). The second layout is my example for the Steampunk Challenge. The topic for that one is Back to School and that includes any school, even graduate school. I hope you enjoy these and in case you didn't know I host a challenge at Scraps of Darkness as well. So look for that one on the 15th! Enjoy!

HP? layout. This is my son dressed up as Harry Potter for Halloween last year. He really looks the part, doesn't he? HeeHee.


Back To School layout. This is a steampunk layout I created of a photo of my youngest daughter on her first day of school this year. I used masks from Tim Holtz and Tattered Angels to create the background and Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap, Brushed Corduroy, and Vintage Photo. I also used metallic markers for outlining and lots of school-related images. The rub on letters falling out of the flying book are from Ruby Rock-It and the glitter alphas are from Thickers.

2 comments: