Friday, August 13, 2010

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge #9

Hello, all! I hope everybody finds themselves well! I am here once again to share a creation for the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge for week #9! This weeks challenge was to use Distress Crackle! Love this stuff! Not only does it come in every amazing Tim Holtz Distress Ink color but it also comes in a clear mixture called Rock Candy! That's what I used for the technique in this week's challenge, along with various colors of Distress Inks. I created a layout for this challenge and to enter in a few others; the Scrapliftng 101 challenge - scraplifted Roller Hockey by Marilou64 ; the Colour Challenge - use green, yellow, orange, and aqua on a white background; and the Scrap Your Pet Challenge - I scrapped photos of my doggie, Attila the Pom.

Here is how Linda from Studio L3 puts challenge #9:

As each week of this series comes to a close, I think I've seen the most wonderful, Tim-inspired art possible, and that it couldn't possibly get any better. And then, it does! I hope you guys are having as much fun creating as I am admiring what you create!


So, let's do it again! Please open your Compendium of Curiosities to page 42, for the Distress Crackle Technique!

You'll note that Tim used both a tinted crackle paint and the clear Rock Candy Crackle in his tutorial, and I've used both in my example above. It's not required that you do this in order to be eligible to win this week's prize, however. As long as you use at least one jar of Distress Crackle Paint, you're good to go!
 
That Face layout. I created this layout for a few challenges, as listed above. These are photos of Attila the Pom, my fur baby. When he looks at me like that I can't say no to him! lol.

Close-up of the grungeboard arrows that I used the Distress Crackle technique on.


Maria Manuela layout. Here's a bonus layout. This is my mother as a bridesmaid at a wedding. I made this layout for the Scraplifting 101 Challenge - scraplifted Lucky Number Seven by Suzanne S; the Leftover Layouts Challenge - use only scraps even in your background paper; and the Heritage Challenge - use buttons. 

4 comments:

  1. They are both great layouts. Love your crackling on the arrows. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What stunning pages, Celina! Attila the Pom is a very handsome guy, and the layout is absolutely darling! That sweet face most definitely deserves such loving attention! And your mom-- gorgeous! I love the photo and the lovely floral layout. Your crackled arrows are perfect, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mother is very pretty and looked so serious in that photo! Thanks for telling me about the rock candy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I just love your newest layouts! I really do think I need to get this book! Love what you are learning from it! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete