Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Midsummer Night's Dream

That is the topic of the new challenge I'm hosting at Scraps of Darkness. Hello, all! I have recently become a subscriber to Scraps of Darkness Kit Club and I decided to start the Darkest Side Challenge there to mirror the Darker Side Challenge I host on scrapbook.com. The kit I received this month is gorgeous and quite versatile. I hope you'll have a look. This kit's name is Midnight Garden and with a little help from my eldest daughter we can up with A Midsummer Night's Dream as the theme. I can't wait to see what the other participants will come up with.

A Midsummer Night's Eva layout. A little play on words for the title. This is my best friend, Eva. Isn't she beautiful? The challenge has a condition of it having to include at least 50% Scraps of Darkness products. The background paper with the owl, blue flowers, grey and black flowers, silver metal embellishments, gems and feathers on the mask, the water gems, and the rub-on letters of the title are all from my SOD kit. I inked the owl paper with three different colors of Distress Ink; Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans, and Black Soot. I sprayed it with Granite Glimmer Mist and "water" distressed it then rubbed it with Black Soot as an accent on the wrinkles. I also tore pieces out and stitched them together. The flourishes were cut with my Cricut expression using the Home Decor cartridge and covered with Doodlebug Designs Sugar Coating Glitter. The mask is an earring I bought at a flea market which I added feathers and gems from the kit. The owl is stuck on with mounting tape.

Here is a close-up of one of the corners of the layout. Wish you could really see all the glitz and glitter that is on here!

2 comments: