Sunday, May 2, 2010

12 Layouts of Alice - Layout #6

Hi there! Sorry to have been missing in action lately but with all the excitement of my first NSBD I got side-tracked. I loved the festive feeling among scrapbookers yesterday! My best friend came over with her family; we scrapped, we had pizza and mai tais, and we had fun! I loved looking at all the layouts at scrapbook.com. And they were pouring in all day long because of NSBD! Well here is number six of my 12 Layouts of Alice project. This layout is based on Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum and their battle in chapter 4 of Through the Looking Glass. I really love this one because of the paper technique (using pages from the dictionary - except that I used pages out of one of my old Alice in Wonderland books). Enjoy!

Here is Tim's tag for day #6. For more information on Tim's products, techniques, or 12 Tags of Christmas visit his website at timholtz.com.

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum Agreed To Have A Battle layout (Tweedles for short). I really love all the texture and inking that went into this page.

Close-up of one Tweedle. Used markers to color the image in and Black Soot Distress Embossing powder on al the black portions. I also wrapped twine around the characters as if to hold up all their "armor."

Close-up of other Tweedle.


Close-up of the tree and stamped title. I really loved the way this tree came out. I used clear embossing powder to emboss the flower stamp all over the tree; it gave it a great texture and a lot of depth.


Supplies list for this layout:

Craft Sheet

Distress Inks - Pine Needle, Peeled Paint, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo
Distress Embossing Ink
Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
Distress Embossing Powder- Black
Ink Blending Tool
Glossy Accents
Heat Tool
Studio Matte Multi-Medium
Grungeboard- Plain/Basics
Mini Pin
Philosophy Tags
Scissors
Paper Distresser
Stamps
Jute twine
Foam Tape
Masking Tape

1 comment:

  1. I think this one is my most favorite! Love all the altering, colors & layering!

    Way To Go!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete