Monday, May 24, 2010

Monochromatic and Heritage Layouts

Good morning! I just wanted to share some of the layouts I created in my new scraproom so far. I think that room is going to be good for my creativity! These layouts are for a combination of  the Monochromatic, Heritage, and Scraplifting 101 Challenges at scrapbook.com. I enjoy completing the monochromatic layouts because focusing on one color is difficult at times. I had a hard time with the gray layout, that's for sure! The heritage layouts are wonderful because I get to work on my family heritage albums that I have a ton of pictures for! I've been entering a lot of challenges lately because it pushes me to think outside my personal box and to complete a good number of layouts. I even have my own challenge at scrapbook.com: the Darker Side Challenge. This challenge was created to get scrappers out of their respective confort zones and go "darker" than they are used to and try new things. I hope you enjoy these layouts!

Layout for the Monochromatic Challenge Week 4 - Orange; 1st Thanksgiving. I had this photo of my son on his first Thanksgiving and I thought it would be perfect for this part of the challenge. I mean he's wearing orange and orange is a major color around that holiday. This layout is also for the Scraplifting 101 Challenge. I scraplifted Julia S's layout: Family.

Close-up of 1st Thanksgiving layout. I used coordinating papers and a lot of Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink and a touch of Vintage Photo DI on this one.

Abuelita layout. Abuela means grandmother in Spanish; Abuelita was my name for my great-grandmother, Rufina. She was a very strong and serious woman, as you can tell by the photo (She didn't smile in pictures). This layout is for the Monochromatic Challenge Week 2 - Gray. I had a touch time with this one. For some reason I can work with black and white quite easily but gray stumps me. Finally got the layout completed and I am pretty happy with it.

 
Close-up of the lace flowers I created for this layout. I colored them gray with Slate and Graphite Glimmer Mists.

Oh! Brother layout. This layout was completed for the Monochromatic Challenge Week 1 - Blue. This is my brother-in-law, Brian. He just can't seem to help himself when he's in front of a camera: he ALWAYS makes faces! Don't think I have one "good" picture of him but he does make everyone laugh.

Great-Grandfather layout. This is my great-grandfather, the husband of the lady in my Abuelita layout. He was a sweet man and when I saw these papers I knew I had to use this photo. I created this layout for the Heritage Challenge at scrapbook.com as well as the Scraplifting 101 Challenge. I scraplifted Bronte 10's My Little Red Boots! layout.

 
Close-up of some of the details of my Great-Grandfather layout.

1 comment: