Monday, January 9, 2012

A New Year & A Smudgy Antics Challenge

Hello, all! A happy new year to you! I hope everyone is starting their new year happy and healthy. This is my first post for 2012 since it took me longer to recuperate from my family visit this year. Lol. I love my family and my husband's family as well but they can sure drain a person. This year I am happy to report that my new year's resolution has begun on the right track. Every year I resolve to lose weight and get healthy and every year it goes out the window in the first week or so. But this year I started early (during the Thanksgiving holiday) and began a diet that has changed the way I eat and think about food. So up-to-date I've lost 35 lbs and I can truly say that I will reach my goals this year. Well enough about me! Lol. To start the new year and my creative juices flowing, here is a project that I created for the Smudgy Antics Challenge - Recycle Something.

Crabby Love Gift Box. This box was one that came with a variety of buttons and scrap embellies in it. I can't remember the company that it came from since I've had it in my stash for a very long time. The box was originally solid orange with a clear top. I added some Webster's Pages papers in some of the cubbies and a stamped image from Smeared Ink (Crabby Love from the Smitten digi set), which I colored with Copics. I added some liquid pearl flourished to the lid and some little accents to the inside. the flowers on the lid are from my stash, as are the buttons as their centers. I wanted to create something to remind me that warmer times at the beach will come soon enough.

Here is the description of the challenge. You can also see it here, along with the Smeared Ink DT projects.

Weekly Challenge - Recycle Something

Smudgy Antics is going green and we want you to do the same! 
We have another challenge for you this week, and we can't wait to see your interpretations of our theme!
Here's a reminder about the rules:

*Each Monday morning a new challenge will be posted. It will contain that week's theme and prize information.

*To participate, you must make a project that fits the theme and add it to the post using the Inlinkz linky. Your link must take us directly to your project on a publicly accessible blog or website, or it will be disqualified - so please make sure you're linking to your actual post. It must be linked by midnight on the following Saturday, Pacific Time. This gives you six days to complete the challenge.

*Your project can be anything (card, scrapbook page, mixed media, altered or 3-D item, etc) as long as it is handmade and stamped somewhere with either a rubber or digital stamp. We have taken into consideration our digital artist fans and will be allowing all-digi projects. Feel free to think outside the box and have fun with your project! We are all about looking at things differently and look forward to the variety of projects and mediums we are sure to see.

***Every entry, no matter what stamped image is used, will now qualify for a prize. Encourage your crafty friends to come play with us!

*You may use any stamped image, however only projects using at least one Smeared Ink image will be eligible to win placement in the "Top Three".

*You can only enter and qualify for a prize if you are, or become, a follower of the blog. While you're at it, why not visit the forum as well for more challenges?

*The weekly winner will be chosen by random number and revealed on Sunday. Prizes will vary and may range from a free digi to a coupon to a blog badge. The TOP 3 are 'personally selected'.


I hope very much that you will join in!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. I love your box- it is gorgeous and perfectly embellished.

    Congrats on your weight loss, I'm really excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your box! And woo hoo on the weight loss! I know you can do it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous box and I love that SI image - I don't think I've got that one !!! :-) Fabulous colours on here and it really made me feel like summer. Super creation. :-D
    Many Congrats on your super weight lost - Go Girl :-D :-D Fabulous... 2012 and a new slimline you - well done You xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Celina! This is absolutely amazing! I love your box so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete