Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pageantry

Hello, all! Time for some pageantry... Most of you, paper artists, know that there's nothing like the feeling of creating something for a friend or family member that is truly appreciated. I love creating for others and I often create scrapbooking gifts for family. Well, my cousin Alice looked through my scrapbooks while she was visiting me and said how she would love for me to create a book for her daughter. Her daughter has recently joined the pageantry circuit and she thought this would be a great way to record the experience. I have completed a few layouts so far and have kept with the theme and color combo that she and her daughter chose for this book. I hope you all enjoy this bit of pageantry and glitz!

Enchanted Layout. This page is based on the Scraps of Darkness sketch for December. I used my December SOD kit to create it. The papers are Bo Bunny Enchanted; the flowers are Petaloo and Prima. I used Tim Holtz's limited edition Distress Ink in Ripe Permission for the edges and some of the butterflies. I used a punch for the butterflies and Stickles in purple to create the circle. The flourishes in the corners are Prima Resist Canvas.

Royalty Layout. This page is based on a PageMap by Becky Fleck. The papers are from Glitz Design. I created the flourishes with Liquid Pearls in Lavender Lace, added some mist from Lindy's Stamp Gang in Witch's Potion Purple, and some Webster's Pages Dazzle Gems. The alphas are from Thickers.

Untitled Layout. This page does not have a title yet, since I wanted to get my cousin's opinion about that before I added it. The papers are from my stash (don't remember the manufacturers). The flowers are Prima and Recollections. I used a butterfly border punch for the middle trim and used Liquid Pearls in White Opal and Flamingo. The black flourishes are chipboard from the Bo Bunny Enchanted Collection.

Model Behavior Double Page Layout. This page is based on a sketch from Scrapbook, Etc that was chosen for a challenge I signed up for at scrapbook.com. The papers are from Glitz Design. Again I used Webster's Pages Dazzle Gems, Liquid Pearls, and Prima and Petaloo flowers. The alphas are stickers from American Crafts.  

First page of Model Behavior.
Second page of Model Behavior.


post signature

5 comments:

  1. You're right, these are perfect papers, elements & color combo for this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow these are stunning LO's, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these layouts! Your cousin is going to FLIP when she sees this beautiful scrapbook!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..these are wonderful! Looks like you have been busy! It is so much fun to create for others when you know they appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layouts! What a special gift!

    ReplyDelete