Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tea Time Tuesday 3-22-2011

Hello, all! I think I may be coming down with something! I hope nothing hits me too hard; I hate being sick because it stops me from scrapping and everything I have to do. Well, I don't know about you all but flamingos remind me of Alice in Wonderland where Alice plays croquet with the Queen. I was trying to think about what to do for the Extremely Excessive Exorbitance Challenge at scrapbook.com where one had to use a minimum of 3 feet of fiber and for the twist you would use 7 feet. I was at W-mart recently and passed by the knitting aisle and saw this great roll of fibrous knitting yarn in white that reminded me of feathers. So I dyed the fibers with Worn Lipstick mist that I made and combined that with a Color Room sketch and color palette #11 and a flamingo digital stamp from The Octopode Factory.

The Color Room Palette and Sketch #11.

Flamingo layout. Here is my take on Color Room Sketch and Palette #11. I saw this flamingo at The Octopode Factory and knew I had to use it! So cute, I think. The background paper is stamped using various leaf and flower stamps and The Paper Studio Pink and Lime Green, and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks. The photos are not mine but are open stock. I also drew white stitches around the page with an opaque pen.

Flamingo Close-Up. This is a close-up of the fibers I dyed with Worn Lipstick mist I made using Worn Lipstick re-inker and Perfect Pearls. I ended up using 12 ft of fiber.


Photobucket

3 comments: