Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The (Paper) Trailmaker's March Kit

Hello, all! I am here to share with you the (Paper) Trailmaker's March Kit! I'm a guest designer for them this month and I have to say it was an adventure for me to work with this kit. It's full of Graphic 45 Once Upon a Springtime paper and springy colors that it kind of scared me! Lol! I love the paper line but realistically never thought I would use it because I tend to shy away from pastels but let me tell you using it was fun and gave me an excuse to scrap some of my Easter and Spring photos! That should be reason enough but I also found that it wasn't as intimidating as I thought it would be and I am really happy with the results. Here is a photo of the March kit followed by my first layout as their Guest Designer!

The (Paper) Trailmakers' March Kit.

Easter Bunny? layout. Is this the Easter Bunny or some impostor? Lol! For this picture of my son wearing bunny ears last Easter, I decided to go with a sunny spring look. I had to add the blue in there because he's a boy and paired it up with the cheery yellow paper from the kit. I framed the photo with some bright and cheery flowers from my stash and hid some tiny plastic eggs among them. I used Thickers alphas, flowers and ribbons from the kit to round it out nicely. Oh, and let's not forget my bunny stamp. I included him for some added whimsy. I also used many of the punctuations from the Thickers package to decorate the page.


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. What a cool page! I never would've thought to go this way with that particular paper line! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Envious... I am drooling over those papers... I think it'll be interesting to watch as you scrap out of your comfort zone, but based on your first layout you would never know there was a discomfort

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Graphic 45 so much. Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Celina! Wow I love that kit! You did an awesome job with this LO! Sorry I haven't been around blogging lately...time has just gone by! But Hey...you won Feb. Unfinished Project Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome layout using the Springtime collection Celina! Glad to have you over at Traimakers as a guest DT!

    ReplyDelete