If you're looking for Day 7 of the 31 Days of Halloween, it is the post after this one!
Hello, all! It's time again for a Scraps of Darkness Design Team Call!
Scraps of Darkness kit club is looking for designers to add to our talented Design Team! If you
love the alternative side of scrapbooking or would like to venture into this realm, then we
encourage you to try out!!
Commitment is important, so we want to be straightforward with what we are looking for. We
want to see ambitious, outgoing, forum savvy scrappers that share in the same love as we do.
This DT position will start with our November, 2011 kit and end with our April, 2012 kit.
This Call is open to both US and International submissions, though International DT Members
will be required to share in the cost of shipping kits to them.
Here is what we will need from you:
1. You must complete a minimum of 5 layouts/cards/projects per month and have 4 of them
ready to upload by reveal day, which is the 15th of every month, and additional layouts/projects
should be uploaded prior to the release of the next kit. These layouts need to be placed in the
SOD gallery, blogs, scrapbook.com, and any other public galleries that you participate in.
2. Daily participation on our forum and a daily check in on our Design Team forum, as well as
keeping up in the galleries is a must. DT responsibilities, such as posting a Question of The
Week, will be rotated amongst our DT and we would also like you to start new threads that
encourage posting by our members.
3. You must complete at least 2 tutorials within your 6 month DT term for SOD. These can be
either photo or video tutorials.
In return for your commitment, you will receive the entire main kit, as well as two kit add-ons free
of charge each month. You will also have the option of purchasing any additional add-ons
featured throughout the months you are a DT at a 50% discount. Design Team Members also
receive a 30% discount in our store.
Here is how to apply:
Please send all applications and attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following:
1. Name, Address, Phone Number
2. Submit three layouts/altered items total - Include two layouts that show us your alternative side
or the darker side of your work. For example: Distressed, Grunge, Steampunk, Mixed Media,
Dark, etc. Then also include a third layout or altered item that you would say is your favorite or
best, and this can be any style.
3. Tell us why you think you would be a good addition to the SOD team.
4. Provide links to blogs and galleries, and any resume you may have.
5. List of all current DT commitments, and please note that our designers may not design for or
in any way advertise other kit clubs. We have no problem with DT members designing for
manufacturers, sketch sites, local stores, etc, but it is counterproductive to have them advertise
All submissions must be received by October 22, 2011 and we will have an official public
announcement by October 24th!!
Good Luck, everyone!