Saturday, January 15, 2011

Scraps of Darkness January Release!

Hello, all! Here we are again on another Scraps of Darkness release day! This month's kit is called White Magic and it's beautiful and full of luscious Pink Paislee and Webster's Pages papers. The theme seems coincide with glamour and I really love the versatility of this kit. Most of the papers are white or light in color and at first I was worried that I wouldn't be able to work with them because they are different than what I am used to but they are just perfect for some inking and misting! And that is just what I did to most of them! First, I'd like to share the Scraps of Darkness sketch and my take on it. Then I'll share the other layouts I created with January's kit. This one was a bit challenging but oh, so fun to work with!

Scraps of Darkness January Sketch created by Craftysprinkles (Mandy).

Glam layout. This is my mother-in-law, Angelina. When I saw this photo of her, I thought 50's glamour and that is what I went for in this page. These papers are fabulous! I loved fussy cutting pieces of these and combining them. I used Distress Ink in Black Soot and a Tattered Angels Glimmer Screen to create  the film strip at the side. I used some flowers and bling that I had in my stash and let the papers show. I also added stars that I tinted with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze from the kit and some turquoise Stickles in a circle to frame the photos.
Dream layout. This is my son when he was a couple of weeks old. I thought he looked sweet dreaming away here and wanted to scrap the photo in a page that gave a light and airy feeling. The resist paper is from Pink Paislee. I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze to color the paper blue. The ribbon blossoms are from Tim Holtz and the flowers from Petaloo. I also colored the Prima butterfly with the same blue glaze. I added the bling word, dream, as my title because I thought it fitting. I also added some stars from the kit, heart buttons and pearl brads from my stash, and a feather from my December Scraps of Darkness kit.

Meeting Jack Frost layout. These are photos of my daughters (and our dog) playing in the snow for the first time ever. I used Pink Paislee paper for the background and inked and stamped it to death with Broken China Distress Ink. The snowflakes were cut with my Cricut Expression and the Joys of the Season cart, inked with Broken China and covered in Stardust Stickles. I used Thickers from my stash for the title. I plan to enter this page in the Monochrome Week 2 challenge at scrapbook.com.

Out of an Old Movie layout. This is my father-in-law, Gil. I thought he looked like he had just stepped out of an old movie in this photo and transfered that onto the page. I used the Tattered Angles Glimmer Screens to create the film strips and border punches to make the borders on each strip of paper. The film strip ribbon and journaling ticket are from Tim Holtz and I used my Dymo and some Thickers for the title. I hand cut the movie camera and movie reel. Then I splattered some Shimmerz mists in Sea Monkey and Licorice on the entire page. I also added some gold embossed stars that I cut with my Cricut.

Alwayz & Forever layout. This is my handsome husband. I used some Pink Paislee notes inked with Broken China Distress Ink to make a block pattern on the background paper. I added some Basic Grey Sparkling Rub ons, flowers and bling from my stash, a Prima flower from the kit, and Cricut cut butterflies. The title is Thickers Rainboots in black. Then I splattered and misted the page to give it a more masculine feel.

Like Magic layout. These are my two daughters. I scrapped these pictures because I was in awe of how my daughters' relationship has changed since my eldest moved out. They used to fight like cats and dogs and now they get along so well. That's where the title for the page came from because their relationship changed as if by magic. I used my Distrezz-It-All on the edges of the papers and inked them with Dusty Concord Distress Ink, added some Tim Holtz ribbon trim, flowers and bling, and a Thickers title. I will be entering this one in the Monochrome Week 1 challenge over at scrapbook.com.

Thanks so much for joining me for January's Scraps of Darkness Kit Reveal! Make sure to visit the Scraps of Darkness blog for the release and the other Design Team Members to see what they've created with this kit. I hope you enjoyed these layouts and are inspired to create!

8 comments:

  1. I love the page of your mother in law. That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did some AMAZING work with this Kit!!!! I am honored to be in your company over at SOD! Your take on the sketch is my favorite!!!! absolutely DAZZLING! as is your eye for color!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Layouts! Beautiful work! Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celina you totally rocked the mists girl! What an awesome take on this kit! Fabulous "alternative' work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI CELINA!!! Nice to visit your Blog...love your Challenges over at SB.Com. Hope your New Year is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Celina! I wanted to check out your blog! It's absolutely gorgoues, as are your new layouts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Thanks for the kind words on my blog. I need your email so I can get back to you easier!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete