Saturday, June 19, 2010

Compedium of Curiousities Entry - Week 1

So I finally got to sit down and complete my entry for the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge over at Studio L3. The first challenge was to use Tim Hotlz's Water Stamping technique on a project of our choice. Now, I am a scrapbooker, through and through, so I applied the technique to a layout. I inked a white piece of cardstock with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink then water stamped stars all over it. The photos below show the paper piece I water stamped and how it was used in my layout. The layout will be entered in the Monochromatic, D.I.Y., and Scraplifting 101 challenges over at scrapbook.com.

Here is my example of TH's water stamping technique.

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star layout. As you can see, I used the water stamped paper as a background layer for this layout. The layout was created for the Monochromatic challenge - Week 4 Burgandy/Maroon; the D.I.Y. challenge - Layered Flowers by Angelica; and the Scraplifting 101 - Lift of He Makes Me Proud by Tonyadirk.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you used this technique for a scrapbook layout, and it turned out beautifully!!! Wow, who needs designer paper when you can make something this cool!

    I am SO happy you're playing along with the Challenges! You're such a great artist and a lovely, kind blog friend, and I'm looking forward to having lots of fun together as we work our way through the Compendium!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, I am totally in awe of anyone who scrapbooks, it's something I have never done. Your page is fab x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful lo!! Great design as always!! you are so creative!!!!

    ReplyDelete