Tuesday, June 28, 2011

This and That

Hello, all! I've had a busy week, what with papers due, housework, kids running amok, and a fabulous tea party. I finally have some time to sit at the computer and post a few layouts I have been working on. I've got two pages I completed with my June Scraps of Darkness Welcome to the Jungle kit, one using the DCWV Lemon Flower paper stack, and one I completed to celebrate my Mad Tea Party.

Back in Black layout. Using my Scraps of Darkness June kit I created a page for the Stalker Challenge over at SOD about a music group, artist, or poet that got you through a tough time. This will also be for the Lyric Challenge over at scrapbook.com; the topic bring AC/DC. I did this page of my heavy metal shirts from my younger years. Heavy Metal got me through a tough adolescence and a stint of rebellion. I distressed the papers from the Bo Bunny Zoology Line and used Slate Glimmer Mist and Stiletto Glimmer Glam to paint them black. I used bottle caps and some Rock stickers from my stash. The title letters are colored black with alcohol ink in Pitch Black.

Birthday Wish 19 layout. This is a page I created to record my eldest daughter's recent 19th birthday. I scrapped the pictures of her cake and her blowing out the candles. I used my Scraps of Darkness June kit for this one as well and went for an 80's rock theme. I used a lot of Stickles to make doodles on the page and used ribbons from my stash to crisscross over the papers. The flowers are Petaloo and from the kit as well. The title letters are Thickers.

Bloom layout. This is a page I created for several challenges: the Monochrome challenge (yellow, with the twist of a Lazy Summer Day), the Too Much is Not Enough challenge (flowers), and  the Scissors, Paper, Ink challenge. I used the DCWV Lemon Flower Stack for this page and the photo is of a rose that bloomed on a lazy summer day. I fussy cut all the flowers you see on this page and tore the papers (no straight cutter allowed). I used Mustard Seed Distress Ink to ink the edges. And I printed the title using my computer.

Hatter layout. This page is to celebrate the Mad Tea Party I had this past weekend and for a couple of challenges: the Monochrome Challenge (Your favorite rose color, with the twist of Lessons from the Garden), the Technique Challenge (embossing, handmade embellishments, and doodling) and the Welcome to Wonderland Challenge. This is my daughter dressed up as the Mad Hatter. Most of the products used on this page came from one or another Scraps of Darkness kit. The corner chipboard flourishes are from Dusty Attic and the black flourishes around the photo are cut with my Cricut Expression and the October 31st cartridge. The title letters are foam Thickers with some liquid pearls.

Hatter close up 1. Here you can see various different flowers all dyed red with Glimmer Glam in A Positive and Glimmer Mist in Scarlet. The butterfly was embossed then cut out and dotted with Black Diamond Stickles. The rose bud is handmade with red ribbon and the heart is from a floral sprig I bought on clearance.

Hatter close up 2. The paper is from Prima's Mistables Collection and the checkered ribbon is from my stash. I used some Prima mini roses and some Petaloo flowers I dyed red.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Celina ~ fabulous job on all the layouts but the Hatter LO is just stunning! TFS

    ReplyDelete