Friday, April 22, 2011

12 Layouts of Alice - Layout #1

Hello, all! This is a special post. I want to start by saying that I love Tim Holtz, his techniques and his products. I've always wanted to complete the 12 Tags of Christmas but never have the time around the holidays. Last year, I saw the 12 Tags of Valentine's Day that my friend Linda over at Studio L3 did and wondered to myself why I couldn't make my own project like that. I took something I love - Alice in Wonderland, and made that my theme; and since I don't usually do tags, I decided to make 12 Layouts. I take each tag of Tim's and look for inspiration from his techniques and products to complete a page. Now, I was pondering about doing this project again and was looking at when I posted my last 12 Layouts of Alice projects. I noticed that I began them on April 22, which happens to be my late mother's birthday. So I thought what a great way to celebrate her birthday, which is also Earth Day, and a way of making it my own tradition instead of the tags.

So welcome to the second annual 12 Layouts of Alice! And I hope you will like what you see. I will be posting one layout today and one or two layouts each Tea Time Tuesday until the 12 are finished. Thank you all for being a part of this with me.

Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas 2010 - Tag #1.

Break Free Layout. Using my April Scraps of Darkness kit and pieces from previous kits, I created this page of my eldest daughter. When I saw the house on Tim's tag, I immediately thought of when Alice is trapped in the White Rabbit's house because she's too big to get out. That reminded me of my daughter always anxious to move out and be an adult. So here is my take on the tag and my daughter's attempt to break free. The papers are all from the Bo Bunny Timepiece Collection. I used some TH masks, Distress Inks in Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo, TH Sizzix dies, a TH ticket and Salvage Stickers, and some Petaloo, Prima, and silk flowers. I used some clock stamps from my stash and the Fiskars Fence border punch.


post signature

4 comments:

  1. What a cool idea - and a gorgeous layout! I can't wait to see the other eleven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that whole idea with the house! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous idea Celina! Love this layout, Poor Alice stuck in the house! Great job! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. outstanding job with this entire kit!!!!! I am very inspired by your work!!!!

    ReplyDelete