Saturday, September 18, 2010

Gear Beautiful

Hello, all. I wanted to share a layout I created with my Scraps of Darkness Sept kit that was inspired by one of my favorite clothing styles these days. The Steampunk style! When I started researching for the steampunk style for scrapbooking, I found a lot of sites where steampunk clothing, jewelry, and accessories were the focus and I immediately fell in love with the clothing style. I've always loved corsets, hats, and knee high boots but I never thought of wearing them all together and adding a top hat and goggles! The layout I created showcases some of the clothing pieces that I would love to own and wear in the steampunk style. The style is so much fun and when I get the chance (and the money), I'll be adding some of these pieces to my wardrobe! Enjoy!

Gear Beauty layout. These are some of the pieces that are typical in Steampunk fashion; corsets, boots, long skirts, top hats, goggles, and unusual jewelry. I love this corset and pair of boots especially because they are my favorite colors. I hope to one day be able to purchase a steampunk outfit even if it ends up just hanging in my closet because I find such inspiration and beauty in the style. I cut the background corset by hand, used the Fiskars Threading Water border punch to make the holes, and laced ribbon (misted with Vintage Photo Distress Ink) through them.

Gear Beauty Close-up. Here is a close-up the clothing and accessories.

3 comments:

  1. Now I have an idea what steampunk is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup this style rocks!! And I love how you put it together to make a page of fashion!!

    ReplyDelete