Monday, March 29, 2010

Where to Put All These Stamps?

Today I wanted to share with you a little project I came up with to store my acrylic stamps. I didn't want to purchase a stamp binder because they can get a bit expensive and this way I was able to customize the look of it to fit my style.



I began with 8" x 12" chipboard pages and punched three holes in them (to bind them later). I glued three of these pages together for each cover to give the folder more stability. I wrapped the covers with my choice of scrapbook paper. I purchased white stamp folder page refills, sold in craft stores. These look like dry erase boards in page form and they already have holes punched in them. I bound the covers and the pages with binder rings, also sold in craft stores. You can customize this project any way you want; use different papers, glitter,stamps or add ribbon to the rings. The possibilities are endless, it all depends on your creativity. This was my first book so it's a bit plain but at least now I can store my stamps! I'm just going to have to make a couple more because my stamp collection keeps growing!

An inside view of my stamp folder.


Another view of my stamp folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment