Thursday, March 25, 2010

Steampunk

Okay, maybe I'm a little late catching on to this style, but I've been an admirer for a while: just never knew what to call it. Steampunk is a combination of Victorian Age fashion and gadgets with today's world. Cogs and metal intertwine with fabrics and ephemera. I love the collage look to a lot of the scrapbooking I've seen in this style so far and I think I am going to give it a go soon. Will post when I have completed something to this effect. But I hope that regular scrapbookers will give this style a try, even if it's just once. A person could add a lot into one layout! As I was exploring this style, and it spans from scrapbooking to fashion, I realized that my altered art hero, Tim Holtz, uses many of the elements seen in steampunk. I think this is awesome! I am waiting on some orders of Tim Holtz products to come in then I am going to jump right in!

No comments:

Post a Comment