Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Finally Some Sun

The rain finally decided to go away! So I can now post a layout I've been wanting to share. This layout was created to showcase some of Tim Holtz's inking techniques and as a precursor to a little project I've been working on for my personal pleasure (explanation will follow). This layout is covered in ink and I must say I'm rather proud of how it came out. Enjoy.

I can't believe this started out as white cardstock! Inked this to death with Red Brick, Aged Mahogany, adn Black Soot! I used Antique Linen as a base for underneath and clear embossing powders to get the more golden flourishes. The balck flourishes were stamped using Archival Ink.

Close-up of the middle square in the layout. Here I used metal foliage and photo corners from Tim Holtz.

The personal project I was refering to above was my own take on Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas. I am relatively new to the scrapbooking world so this is the first year I became aware of his tags project and of course I didn't become aware of it until after Christmas... so I didn't get to participate. Through Tim Holtz's blog I was made aware of another scrapper (Linda @ Studio L3) that created her own version of tags for Valentine's Day. You can check out her tags here: http://studiol3.blogspot.com/2010/01/twelve-tags-of-valentines-day.html. So, anyway, I missed out but I thought that Tim Holtz's tags were interesting and inspirational and I wanted to create something comparable to them. I decided to create scrapbook layouts, not tags, and use one of my favorite topics: Alice in Wonderland. Starting tomorrow I will post one layout a day. The layouts will coordinate with the tag of the same number from Tim Holtz's 2009 tags. But don't get me wrong, these are not going to Christmas related or follow all of the same guidelines of the tags. I hope everyone enjoys these and let me know what you think of my first attempts at inking artistry!

No comments:

Post a Comment